The Booja-Booja Company, brand leader in dairy free chocolate truffles, is delighted to have won 2 Gold Awards at this year’s prestigious Great Taste Awards. This brings their total award tally to date to a stupendous 60 Awards. The winning products are the gorgeously creamy Banoffee Toffee Chocolate Truffles and the sweet, juicy Raspberry Chocolate Truffles.
The Great Taste Awards is organised by the Guild of Fine Food and is the world’s largest and most rigorous food awards scheme involving over 400 judges and thousands of hours of blind tasting. Gold Awards are not handed out lightly and in order to win theirs the Booja-Booja truffles will have been tasted by and had to impress more than 12 expert judges.
Anyone who’s tasted the Banoffee Toffee Chocolate Truffles will not be surprised that they wowed the judges, who honoured them with an impressive 2-star Gold Award. The truffles, which are made with fresh organic bananas, prompted the tasting panel to enthuse:
“Absolutely delicious melting ganache with just enough banana; a really well crafted chocolate.”
The Raspberry Chocolate Truffles, which are raw and made with 100% dark Ecuadorian chocolate, were awarded a 1-star Gold Award and the judges expressed great pleasure at the experience of eating them, saying:
“the thin chocolate coating gives a pleasant crunch when biting into the chocolate, and the filling is smooth and rich with a light raspberry flavour.”
Winning 2 Great Taste Awards is recognition of the passion and care that goes into all Booja-Booja products. The chocolate truffles are all handmade in Norfolk from carefully sourced organic ingredients. Each truffle flavour has been developed to its own unique recipe and process, designed to create an utterly joyful and memorable eating experience.
Booja-Booja chocolate truffles are organic, dairy free and gluten free. They are available to buy from good, independent health food shops, farm shops and delicatessens throughout the country. They are also available through online retailers including ocado.com and goodnessdirect.co.uk. For full details visit www.boojabooja.com
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans – certified by The Soil Association and accredited by the Vegan Society (UK)
- All of Booja-Booja’s artisan truffles are handmade in Norfolk
- Banoffee Toffee Chocolate Truffles are available in boxes of 104g (9 truffles) £6.99 rrp
- Raspberry Chocolate Truffles are available in boxes of 92g (8 truffles) £6.99 rrp & 25g (2 truffles) £1.69
- Available in independent wholefood shops, delicatessens, farm shops, leading department stores and fine food retailers
- Booja-Booja also produces a selection of award-winning, organic, dairy free frozen desserts
- Booja-Booja truffles should be stored in a cool place below 16°C or in a refrigerator
- For trade enquiries call 01508 558888 or visit www.boojabooja.com
- Samples for review available on request
Louise Collins / Leah Larwood
T: 01508 558888