Brakes, the leading foodservice specialists, has launched its ‘dark nights’ range of new food. Available to Brakes customers, the new collection includes frozen and chilled, savoury and dessert dishes, as well as accompaniments – all of which use seasonal ingredients to offer the ultimate autumn and winter and Christmas menu choices for caterers.
The Brakes own-label range includes over 40 exciting new products from starters, main courses and desserts, to an added buffet selection and accompaniments. All of which will be included as an extension to the Brakes core and premiere ranges, and available to order now.
Brakes product knowledge manager, Sally Sturley said: “Every year Brakes produces a dark nights range which is designed and developed by our dedicated in-house team of chefs. We carefully look at trends for the year, products in season and play with ingredient combinations until we create the perfect finished dishes. Our aim is to ensure that every dish caters to the full foodservice spectrum of caterers from pubs, restaurants, to caterers in the cost sector.
“This year’s range is one of the best selections yet for Brakes thanks to the time and dedication of everyone involved in the thinking and production of the launch.”
Highlights of Brakes dark nights 2010
• Brakes Smoked Haddock and Spinach Pie which is a butter enriched pastry base filled with smoked haddock in a creamy spinach and Gruyere cheese sauce, topped with crushed potato mash
• Brakes Coriander, Chilli and Garlic Marinated Prawns
• Brakes Smoked Mackerel Pate
• Brakes Potted Crab
Dark nights main dish highlights include:
• Brakes Lamb en Croûte which is slow cooked lamb pieces in rich redcurrent, mushroom and red wine sauce wrapped in puff pastry
• Brakes Beef Brisket with Portobello Mushrooms and Balsamic Jus
• Brakes Dolcelatte and Pear Tart which is a rosemary and red onion pastry case filled with Dolcelatte cheese and leek sauce, topped with a pear half – great for vegetarians
• Brakes Cod wrapped in Scottish Smoked Salmon with Herb Butter.
• Brakes Beetroot and Horseradish Chutney
• Brakes Braised Red Cabbage which is red cabbage gently cooked in red wine and port with herbs and spices
• Brakes Panzanella Dressing – an Italian style dressing made with extra olive oil, red wine vinegar, fresh basil and parsley.
New desserts for autumn/winter 2010 include:
• Brakes Red Velvet Fudge Cake, which is a pre-cut red sponge layered with raspberry sauce and white chocolate icing
• Brakes Iced Hazelnut and Honey Parfait as a ready to serve frozen dessert
• Brakes Baked Treacle Roly Poly Pudding in individual portions.
For the party season, Brakes has also introduced:
• Brakes Mini Peppered Steak Pies with British minced steak in red and green peppercorn gravy encased in butter short crust pastry and a puff pastry lid
• Brakes Mini Croque Monsieurs which are mini versions of the French style toasted sandwich
• Brakes Mini Thai Basket Selection including prawn, vegetable and tamarind, crab and sweetcorn, chicken and cashew nut and green Thai chicken – all encased in crispy krathong flower shaped baskets.
Customers can order a copy by contacting the customer services team on 0845 606 9090 or visiting www.brake.co.uk