Grace Foods, the UK’s leading supplier of Caribbean food and drink* is partnering with Bestway and Dhamecha to hold eight events at depots across London as part of this year’s Caribbean Food Week (21-28 August).
Now in its sixth year, Caribbean Food Week has grown to be the biggest celebration of Caribbean food and drink in the UK. The cash and carry events are a focal point of a national trade and consumer drive to heighten awareness and demand for authentic Caribbean products.
Nyree Chambers, Head of Marketing at Grace Foods says: “This year’s Caribbean Food Week is sure to be the best ever, with a programme of activity designed to get the nation cooking Caribbean at home.
“The Caribbean Food Week depot roadshow is designed to educate retailers on how to maximise sales of Caribbean food and drink before, during and after the celebrations. We’ll be cooking up a selection of Caribbean dishes so retailers and depot staff can truly embrace the celebrations!”
“Retailers will also be able to take advantage of special deals at the events across Grace, Dunn’s River, Encona and Nurishment ranges. They’ll also have the opportunity to pick up merchandising advice and POS to increase footfall and sales.”
1) Monday 14 August: Bestway Totttenham – Brantwood Road
2) Tuesday 15 August: Bestway Lewisham – St Mildred’s Road
3) Wednesday 16 August: Bestway Croydon – Beddington Farm Road
4) Thursday 17 August: Bestway Park Royal (Wembley) – 2 Abbey Road
5) Monday 21 August: Dhamecha Middlesex (Hayes) – 243 Blyth Road
6) Tuesday 22 August: Dhamecha Wembley – First Way
7) Wednesday 23 August: Dhamecha Croydon – 675a Mitcham Road
8) Thursday 24 August: Dhamecha Lewisham – 2 Fordmill Road
Chambers concludes: “Consumer demand will be driven to an all-timehigh by our wide ranging consumer marketing support. Retailers should stock up on Caribbean food and drink to tap into the opportunity.”
*1: IRI UK Caribbean Food & Drink, Retail Sales, Period MAT 52 w/e 27 June 2017
CARIBBEAN FOOD WEEK