One of the most exciting product launches last year was the creation of a new laundry category segment, with Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser. To extend the reach of this new segment, Dettol is pleased to announce the introduction of a new addition to the range in the form of a new powder variant.
Powders are currently the 2nd largest segment in the laundry category accounting for 35% of value share. Cross shop between liquid and powder is very low as they have strong format loyalty so the launch of new Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder provides an opportunity to grow the appeal and reach of this range, and recruit new users into the category.
With the continued focus of detergent advertising on dialling down temperature – to help save energy and be kinder to clothes – more and more consumers are now washing at 30°C. Washing detergents are effective at cleaning at 30°C, but bacteria can survive in cold washes. The Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser range kills bacteria even below 30ºC providing consumers with confidence in the knowledge that when added to each wash, clothes come out hygienically clean.
The launch will be supported by a massive £3m+ integrated consumer campaign, which will see 3 big bursts of TV activity, +50% increase in digital spend, and a PR campaign, that will create 400m+ opportunities to see.
New Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder is available in two sizes:
• 495g MRRP £4.59
• 990g MMRP £7.50
Total Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser range available:
• Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser Fresh Cotton 1L
• Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser Fresh Cotton 1.5L
• Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser Soothing Lavender 1.5L
• Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser Fragrance Free 1.5L
• Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser Fresh Cotton 2.5L
• Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder Fresh Cotton 495g
• Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder Fresh Cotton 990g