- Mr Kipling is bringing back its range of limited edition Roald Dahl inspired cakes for Summer 2019, with two delicious new additions joining two of last summer’s family favourites across convenience
- Available now, the products are inspired by iconic Roald Dahl stories and their characters, with the core range seeing a packaging refresh to highlight the consumer promotion
- Retailers are also being given the chance to win their own Summer Party, with sampling, stock, prizes and entertainment to brings families together over the school holidays
Premier Foods is celebrating the summer season with the return of its limited edition Roald Dahl-themed range and on-pack promotion with Mr Kipling, following the range’s exceptional performance in Summer 2018. Now available across the convenience channel, the new SKUs – Fantastic Mr Fox’s Apple Mini Batts and James’s Chocolate & Raspberry Ladybird Slices – are joined by two of the favourites from last year’s range – George’s Marvellous Lemon & Raspberry Whirls and The BFG’s Strawbunkles & Cream Fancies – to help retailers capture shoppers’ imagination in the cake aisle throughout the summer.
The core range has also undergone a packaging update to create more appeal in store across the warmer months, when the cake aisle tends to be visited less often. The Roald Dahl activity in 2018 brought shoppers back to the category and is expected to do the same again through 2019.
The splendiferous summer on-pack promotion will give shoppers the chance to win thousands of prizes for the family, including Roald Dahl-inspired holidays, family days out and theatre trips. Participants will be directed to a microsite where they can enter a code to see if they have won, and can also gain access to hints and tips on how to make the most of the school summer holidays, with clever crafts, great games and delightful days out for the family.
Retailers also have the chance to win something themselves, with a Family Fun Day up for grabs. Set to take place at their store, the prize will include everything the retailer needs to bring families together during the school holidays, including entertainment, games, product samples and prizes.
To be in with a chance of winning, retailers can enter in one of two very simple ways:
- Email their name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a postcard with their name and address to: Ella Farthing, Cirkle, 27 London End, Beaconsfield, HP9 2JN
or visit https://www.grocerypartners.co.uk/ for more information. Entries close on Friday 2nd August, with the prize to be delivered before the end of the school holidays.
Steve Kelly, convenience channel director at Premier Foods, comments: “Our partnership with the Roald Dahl Story Company in 2018 was incredibly successful, driving £4m retail sales value and contributing to the category’s overall growth of +1.4% over the summer period. The limited edition range also brought incremental shoppers to the brand at a time of year when sales of ambient cake tend to slow.
“This competition is giving retailers the chance to embrace the campaign further this summer, supported by two brands that highly value the importance of coming together as a family.”
The campaign is also being supported by in-store activity that will include a wide range of digital, aisle end and additional branded display units to generate interest among shoppers and drive further sales. The limited edition range is available from 11th June until 3rd September across the grocery and convenience channels with an MRSP of £1.50/£1.00 per pack.