Keep Smiling Vanilla M’Gorilla, the Alternative to Dairy Ice Cream from The Booja-Booja Company has been honoured as overall Winner of the Cakes & Biscuits, Confectionery & Desserts Category at the Soil Association Organic Food Awards 2013. The leading dairy-free organic brand also received Gold Awards for its Coconut Hullabaloo Alternative to Dairy Ice Cream and Around Midnight Espresso Chocolate Truffles.
The Soil Association Organic Food Awards ceremony was held at Wholefoods, Kensington High Street on 19th September and showcased the UK’s best organic food produced with passion, creativity and care. Monty Don, President of the Soil Association said:
“The Organic Food Awards celebrate not only great tasting food and drink but also the inspiring stories behind it. This is food that has been produced to the highest welfare and environmental standards by people who care passionately about what they do.”
The prestigious awards, now in their 27th year, celebrate producers who go ‘the extra mile’. To become a Category Winner Booja-Booja Keep Smiling Vanilla M’Gorilla had to impress the judges that it was not only a delicious organic food product but that it delivered on criteria such as protecting the environment, animal welfare, promoting health and serving the community. Speaking at the awards ceremony in London, Helen Browning, chief executive of the Soil Association said:
“This year’s Organic Food Award winners prove there is even more to their products than fantastic taste. Organic food producers champion health, and new solutions to the challenge of caring for people, farm animals and wildlife, while feeding an ever growing population. I am thrilled that there were so many entries this year, reflecting recent research showing an overall return to growth in the organic market. The judges were often hard-pressed to make a decision in many categories as the quality was so high.”
Keep Smiling Vanilla M’Gorilla is made without refined sugar and with 100% raw ingredients. It is not only organic but vegan and all its ingredients come from sustainable sources. Booja-Booja donates 5% of profits from sales of this creamy frozen dessert to Fauna & Flora International, part of the International Gorilla Conservation Programme. The judges summed up their feelings about this delicious product in one word: “ Amazing!”
The Booja-Booja Company also won a Gold Award for its Coconut Hullabaloo Alternative to Dairy Ice Cream and for its Around Midnight Espresso Chocolate Truffles, taking the company’s overall award tally to an impressive 63.
The Booja-Booja Company makes all its products on one site in Norfolk. There are 12 flavours of chocolate truffles and 5 flavours of Alternative to Dairy Ice Cream. All Booja-Booja products are organic, dairy free, gluten free and soya free.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans – certified by The Soil Association and accredited by the Vegan Society (UK)
- Around Midnight Espresso Truffles are available in boxes of 104g (9 truffles) £6.99 rrp
- Booja-Booja Keep Smiling Vanilla M’Gorilla & Coconut Hullabaloo Alternative to Dairy Ice Cream is available in 500ml tubs, £7.49rrp and 110ml tubs, £1.99rrp
- Available in independent wholefood shops, delicatessens, farm shops, leading department stores and fine food retailers. Around Midnight Espresso Truffles & Hazelnut Crunch Truffles are also available in selected Waitrose stores.
- For stockist details visit www.boojabooja.com
- Booja-Booja truffles should be stored in a cool place below 16°C or in a refrigerator
- For trade enquiries call 01508 558888 or visit www.boojabooja.com
- Samples for review available on request
T: 01508 558888