Mamá Reyna Ltd, led by Reyna Mendiolea de Al-Ashaab PhD in Food Science and Technology, was born in March 2014 to introduce a new range of Mexican cooking chilli sauces and other artisan made products to an increasingly eager and adventurous public. People are not only eating Mexican food more often but they are now cooking it at home.
Mamá Reyna’s food products are manufactured in the heart of Britain by Mexicans keeping the true traditions and flavours that indulge palates all over the world whilst using quality natural ingredients acquired locally when possible and respecting the environment. We are working towards a Halal and gluten free production area, to embrace further sectors of the British community.
Our chilli products are meant not only to complement and garnish everyday meals but also to make a meal by themselves. They include:
• Salsa Verde – Our star product! A spicy-tangy tomatillo and green chillies sauce which can be either used to add a tasty-kick to your normal meal or be the sauce where to marinade your favourite meat or vegetables.
• Mole Poblano – Food of royalty! An exciting sauce the result of mixing chillies, spices, nuts and chocolate! Served always at special occasions.
• Salsa Chipotle – A smoky and spicy sauce ideal in sandwiches and wraps or with meat balls.
• Salsa Guajillo – A tasty red chilli sauce with guajillo chillies, spices and tomatoes. Wonderful for red chicken, cheese or beans enchiladas.
• Jalapeño Pickles – The perfect complement for tacos, burgers and wraps! A mix of wedged Jalapeño peppers, mushrooms, carrots and cauliflower in brine.
Other Mamá Reyna specialities include ‘antojitos’ or ‘little cravings’. Traditional artisan street food such as the well known corn tortillas for tacos, refried beans and the indulgent buñuelos, a gluten-free, thin and crispy wafer-like pastry dusted with delicious cinnamon sugar. We are also introducing sopes to the British public, a 4-in thick lightly fried corn tortilla topped with mashed beans, cream, cheese and your favourite Mamá Reyna chilli sauce. You can always add extra toppings!
We invite you to stay on the lookout because Mamá Reyna is also reaching into the future by developing novel chilli sauces, more ‘antojitos’ and other traditional Mexican products. We deliver to every corner of the UK. Get in touch and get eating Mexican!
Tel: 07883 009 750