Costcutter retailers helped their shoppers feel safe and delivered great customer service during the challenges of the COVID-19 crisis, a new shopper survey has revealed.
The Costcutter Supermarkets Group (CSG) survey, designed to understand more about changes in shopper behaviour as a result of the pandemic, heard from more than 1,000 shoppers through the Group’s database and outreach on social media.
• 79% said they felt safe shopping in their local Costcutter store
• 90% said they felt as safe or safer than in supermarkets
• 80% said that they felt Costcutter retailers had handled the crisis well
• 81% said they experienced great customer service with Costcutter
When asked about their future shopping choices, survey respondents told CSG:
• 85% were likely to continue shopping at their local Costcutter store
• 94% said they intended to shop the same amount or more at their local Costcutter
• 72% pointed to the availability of Co-op Own Brand as a major reason for that choice
“We have shared these results with our independent retailers, and alongside thanking them for their incredible dedication to their shoppers throughout the pandemic, we have also provided guidance on what this means for their business said Sean Russell, CSG Group Marketing Director.