- 20 retailers shortlisted and winners to be announced at Boost’s 20th anniversary celebration party to be in with a chance of winning top prize of £20,000
- Part of Boost’s 20th anniversary celebrations designed to thank independent retailers, wholesalers and trusted supply partners for their continued support
Leading functional drinks brand Boost Drinks has shortlisted 20 independent retailers as part of its Local Legends competition, which forms part of the brand’s ongoing celebrations to mark its 20 legendary years in the soft drinks industry.
The Local Legends competition – which opened for entries in July – was overwhelmed with over 150 entries from independent retails across the country, as well as nominations from customers, all highlighting how and why they go ‘above and beyond’ to help their customers.
The competition entry period – which ran from July to September 2021 – has now closed and the 20 top applications have been selected via a panel of judges made up of industry experts including Jason Birks, Vice President of the NFRN and a number of senior stakeholders within Boost.
The 20 shortlisted independent retailers are:
- Swarti Rabadia from GoLocal in Leigh
- Richard Kent from Evington Village Store Ltd trading as Nisa Local in Evington
- Nikhil Patel from Stevenlee Food and News in London
- Asiyah Asiyah Javed from Forsyth Licensed Grocer in Stenhousemuir, Falkirk
- Tahir (Nico) Ali from Top Shop in Jarrow
- Julie Kaur from Jules Convenience Store in Hadley
- Dilmeet Singh Gaba from Londis Gerrards Cross in Denham
- Dimitar Zhelyazkov from DNMNA LTD
- Divyeshkumar Shantilal Patel from Tower Stores Wallasey
- Edith Smyth from Keystore in Paisley
- Mike Sohal from Dallam Stores in Warrington
- Engin Aslan from King Food & Wine in London
- Qaiser Mahmood from Da Shop in Cheadle
- Aaron Bleach from Premier Sandford Stores in Somerset
- Amrit Kaur Mann from Mann Newsagents in Birmingham
- Susan Connolly from Spar Pennings Road in Tidworth Hampshire
- Bob Singh from Nisa Barmston in Tyne and Wear
- Caroline Belsham from Maxwell’s in Manchester
- Inoka Samaraweera Dewge from Saints Supermarket Ltd in Liverpool
- Dilip Odedra from Nisa Ravenshead in Nottingham
The 20 shortlisted finalists have been invited to join the brand at its 20th anniversary Platinum Party in November, where the top three winners of the competition will be officially announced.
During the Platinum Party, Boost Drinks will announce the winner who will receive a £20,000 lump sum which they are free to spend as they wish, either in a personal or professional capacity. Second place will receive £2,000, with third place taking home £1,000. There will also be further prizes awarded to 17 runners-up.
The ‘Celebrating 20 Years of Local Legends’ competition was formed as a key element of Boost’s 20th anniversary events planned for 2021, designed to celebrate the brand’s year-on-year growth and thank the local convenience channel for their continued support over the years.
Simon Gray, Founder and Chief Energising Officer at Boost said: “What an amazing mixture of retail legends from our fantastic industry. We received some wonderful entries and some brilliant nominations from across the country, which made shortlisting these final 20 extremely difficult. Each retailer has their own amazing story to tell, and we can’t wait to showcase these at our Platinum Party in November.
“We’re extremely fortunate to have enjoyed 20 fantastic years at Boost; we want to celebrate our success by highlighting the commitment, energy, character and successes of 20 of our hard-working independent retailers across the UK – our very own ‘Local Legends’ who make a real difference to their local communities, every single day.”
The ‘Local Legends’ initiative spans across five months and has included a virtual PR event with key trade journalists, customer engagement including in-depot display competitions, with further plans to thank trusted wholesale partners and Boost employees during the platinum party. Boost has also launched two pieces of NPD across its 250ml energy and iced coffee ranges.