Today Amazon is opening its doors to Amazon Fresh, the first convenience grocery store to offer Just Walk Out Shopping in the UK. Amazon Fresh is Amazon’s first physical shop and first grocery store outside of the US. The first location is in Ealing, London.
To shop the Amazon Fresh store, customers simply use the Amazon app to enter and can put their phone away and shop for what they need like normal, bagging items as they go. At the end of their shopping trip, they can just walk out, no stopping to stand in queue or check out.
The Amazon Fresh store will also offer customers a wide selection of its new private food brand, ‘by Amazon’. This new brand has hundreds of delicious products, including meat, poultry and fish, dairy, fruit and veg, bakery, freshly prepared meals and everyday essentials. ‘by Amazon’ will also offer customers hot food throughout the day and tasty on-the-go meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The Amazon Fresh store will offer customers everything they’d want from their local neighbourhood grocery store with an experience that allows shoppers to simply take what they want and just walk out.
About the Store:
- What: Amazon Fresh store, the first convenience grocery store to offer Just Walk Out Shopping in the UK
- When: Thursday, 4-March – doors open at 7:00 am
- Where: 59 The Broadway, Ealing, London, W5 5JN
- Square Footage: 2,500 square feet in front of house
- Selection: Amazon Fresh UK shoppers will find everyday ingredients and essentials on their shopping list, along with ready-made meals to help make dinner tonight easier. We offer a wide range of ‘by Amazon’ hot food items freshly prepared in our Amazon Fresh store by our specially trained associates. The hot-food range is regularly replenished and served from a grab-and-go heated cabinet so the food is hot and there is still no need to queue. This will also be the only store in the UK to sell ‘by Amazon’ products, all specifically created with our UK customers in mind. In addition to this, these stores will also sell household goods, magazines, flowers, Amazon devices and more items that we think shoppers will be looking for.
- Safety: Amazon have applied best practices from across Amazon, they have put several measures in place to ensure they are offering a safe workplace for associates and shopping experience for their customers, including:
- Lowering the max occupancy to 20 so that customers have more space as they shop and associates have more room do their jobs
- Clear markers to remind everyone of the need to wear face coverings and maintain physical distancing
- Available PPE and disposable gloves at the store entrance and after the entry gate, as well as hand sanitiser
- Frequent cleanings in the store