Pioneers of quality natural food products, Arran Fine Foods have extended the award-winning speciality range of Arran preserves and mustards with five innovative recipes featuring locally produced island ingredients and herbs grown using seaweed on terraced coastal beds.
The new range, which boasts a variety of wholesome Arran flavours, has been produced in partnership with local suppliers including Robin’s Herbs, Arran Distillers Ltd and the Arran Brewery. The new products are:
- Stoneground Mustard with Elephant Garlic (180g) – Made with Canadian stoneground mustard seeds and locally grown elephant garlic, this delicious mustard has a thick and crunchy taste
- Cask Matured Apple & Arran Ale Chutney (180g) – A mouth-watering chutney combining cask matured apples with local Arran Ale
- Hot Beetroot Chutney (220g) – Made with local forono beetroot grown on terraced beds
- Vintage Marmalade with Arran Malt Whisky (227g) – Combines a sweet orange flavour with local Arran malt whisky
- Original Arran Mustard with Arran Malt Whisky (170g) – The award- winning Original Arran recipe with the added flavour of local Arran Malt Whisky gives this mustard a truly Arran taste
Alan Hardie, managing director for Paterson Arran Limited, parent company to Arran Fine Foods, commented: “Arran Fine Foods is a widely recognised speciality food brand that carries a unique provenance and story. The local partnerships we have established in the development of the new recipes are testament to our commitment to supporting the local Arran economy whilst making quality products with real homemade appeal.
“In particular Robin Gray’s shoreside-grown, freshly picked herbs and vegetables have undeniably deep flavours due to the seaweed compost and traditional farming principles he employs. This gives our products a truly unique point of difference.”
Arran Fine Foods has been making luxury condiments for over three decades from its factory on Arran off the west coast of Scotland. The Arran brand has retained a real cottage industry feel with quality and tradition at its very core. It is also a renowned brand in foodservice with Arran Original Wholegrain Mustard appearing on many fine-dining menus.
Arran Fine Foods started out by producing only mustard from its small factory on Arran in the early 1970s. To meet demand the product portfolio was extended to include relishes, chutneys, salad dressings, preserves and mustards and opened a new factory on the island in 1989.
The Arran brand has scooped 12 prestigious Great Taste Awards since 2002. Highlights include Arran’s new Cask Matured Apple & Ale Chutney winning the Gold 1 star award at the 2008 Great Taste Awards and in 2004, Arran’s Smooth Honey Mustard product won the Scottish Speciality award.
Arran Fine Foods products are supplied to a wide range of hotel and catering companies throughout the UK and internationally. Arran chutneys are widely stocked and served in the travel sector and salad dressings are produced for major international operators such as Emirates. Retail jars are sold via independents and delis as well as selected multiples including Tesco and Sainsbury and Peninsula Hotels group.
Prices vary: for further information on Arran Fine Foods, please contact Debbie Ballach, marketing manager for Paterson Arran on 01506 431031.