Daloon UK, a leading manufacturer and pioneer of frozen ethnic snack foods, celebrates a milestone in its company history. 25 years ago on 17th April 1984, HRH The Duchess of Gloucester opened the Daloon EEC-approved production plant and head office in Newark, Nottinghamshire.
Founded in 1960, the Danish parent company Daloon A/S entered the UK in 1976 and created a new market. The success of this entry led directly to the decision to build the production and UK head office facility in Newark. Continued sales growth called for increased production and a second EEC-approved factory was built on the Newark site in 1990, which was further extended in 2000, with the addition of increased production and storage facilities.
1984 was a significant year for many reasons:
• Torvill and Dean scored 12 perfect 6.0s at the Winter Olympics with their interpretation of Ravel’s Bolero.
• Apple launched the first Macintosh computer.
• The GCSE replaced the O Level and CSE.
• Band Aid was formed and recorded ‘Do they know it’s Christmas’.
• And Ronald Reagan, as US president, famously declared his intention to commence bombing Russia in five minutes time during a radio broadcast voice check. Unfortunately it was broadcast!
25 years on, Daloon UK remains committed to best practices relating to quality and production standards, with excellent customer services and distribution facilities.
Daloon UK maintains a dedicated on-site New Product Development team who work closely with the Sales & Marketing team to enable the Company to anticipate consumer demands and continue its tradition for new and innovative products. New additions to its core range of spring rolls, onion bhajis and vegetable samosas have included a range of Dim Sum snacks, Mexican themed Devil Bites, a range of Mediterranean snacks and more recently a host of traditional English snacks such as Bubble & Squeak and Toffee Sticks.
With more new products in the pipeline to meet the ever increasing demand for different food snacks, Daloon UK is set to be around for many other anniversaries to come.
For trade enquiries on Daloon products please telephone 01636 701000 or fax 01636 672581 or email email@example.com