JJ Foodservice has invested in training eleven members of staff across ten branches to become qualified Mental Health First Aiders.
The move is part of its investment into supporting and promoting the wellbeing of staff.
Jaz Sandhu, Learning & Development Manager at JJ said, “It’s been a tough year and our team have worked incredibly heard through unprecedented circumstances.
“We want everyone to know that if they ever need to talk – there’s a qualified person nearby who is willing to listen and help.”
The new Mental Health First Aid graduates are:
- Jesus Holgado, Senior QA Co-ordinator – Enfield
- Jaz Sandhu, Learning & Development Manager – Enfield
- Rohina Upadhey, Office Administrator – Aston
- Karolina Kasperczak, Office Manager – Basingstoke
- Amanda Stepakova, Sales Assistant – Bristol
- May Zin – Office Administrator, Dagenham
- Mark Sheldon, Office Administrator – Doncaster
- Agnieszka Binek, Office Manager – Leicester
- Roya Tehrani, Office Manager – Manchester
- Onur Aslan, Branch Manager – Newcastle
- Nazmi Uzunov, Branch Operations Assistant – Sidcup
In addition to the Mental Health First Aiders, JJ offers an Employee Assistance Programme, which is a free, confidential telephone support service, which gives employees access to counsellors and advisors 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year.
Staff can use the service any time for support with emotional, medical, legal and financial issues.